HOUSE OF BOHN has an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Designer to lead a team of Interior Designers in our Vancouver office. The Senior Designer must be experienced in luxury residential and high profile hospitality design.
House of Bohn is a hub for creativity, collaboration and community. Our mission is to design valuable spaces, and lead in the interior design industry by collaborating with only the best talent, clients, craftsmen and otherwise. We continue to adopt cutting edge technology in our practice and we look to art and fashion for inspiration.
Clients can expect a beautifully customized and thoughtfully tailored design for their projects and can rely on us to respect their budgets. Our straightforward and organized design process lets them feel at ease throughout the entire project
Today, we’re looking for a dynamic Senior Designer who is extremely well-rounded with strong management and organizational skills, an ability to multi-task and a strong and unique design talent. Someone with an ability to originate concepts and be the design lead for teams putting numerous projects together simultaneously.
This position will work closely with Karin Bohn. It’s the Senior Designer’s responsibility to ensure that Karin’s overall vision is translated and executed in a collaborative manner by the House of Bohn team.
We’re looking for a designer with a great sense of style, a team player, and a person who displays professionalism.
Our ideal candidate has a passion and appreciation for great design, understands the task of maintaining a designer’s vision while implementing the most effective solutions on time and within budget. House of Bohn Senior Designers are expected to be proactive in overseeing projects from start to finish, maintaining open communication channels with design and construction teams to facilitate the completion of our projects. Those teams include internal and external consultants, site managers, designers, technologists, and clients.
Please view our website at: www.houseofbohn.com
- Lead the House of Bohn Design Team in developing design concepts and solutions that convey the House of Bohn brand with highly creative, concept-driven, and artistic interior design projects
- Liaise with clients throughout the entire design project, keeping them current on the design process
- Oversee resource planning for interior design projects
- Assist in management of the design firm
- Provide design support for completion and execution of design projects
- Source exciting design inspiration
- Coordinate with outside consultants and vendors.
- Participate in key meetings with internal teams and clients during pre-tender phases
- Work closely with the team to plan and manage project schedules ensuring deliverables are achieved on time and in accordance with clients’ construction management processes and budgets.
- Review shop drawings and packages to guarantee completeness and accurate constructive execution
- Communicate as primary contact for all project related matters among clients, consultants, and construction managers during post-tender phases up to turnover of completed project
- Conduct periodic site visits to ensure construction is faithful to construction documents
- Address site issues by providing timely and appropriate solutions in liaison with internal design team
- Monitor site work and flag work that is not completed in accordance to design intent
- Prepare and present change orders to clients in a timely manner for approval
- Issue Addendum, and Site Instructions complete with narratives
- Prepare punch lists
- Monitor hours and ensure projects are completed on budget
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Hold a degree or diploma in Interior Design
- Minimum 5-7years experience in Interior Design with a minimum of 2 years at a Senior Manager level
- NCIDQ registered is an asset
- Understanding of the firm’s design philosophy.
- Have great design skills, style and is excited about creative work
- Skilled in conceptual thinking, experiential design and storytelling in space
- Must be extremely proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch-up, and proficient in Creative Adobe Suite applications and Revit.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to produce complete construction drawings.
- Proficiency in millwork detailing and specifications and reviewing shop drawings
- Ability to communicate design through sketching and computer rendering
- Have a good understanding of interior finishes, materials, furniture, lighting, fixtures, and FF&E schedules and budgets for hospitality and residential projects.
- Excellent understanding of construction drawings, specifications and millwork packages
- Excellent understanding of BC building code
- Excellent leadership an communication skills
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter along with a SAMPLE DESIGN PORTFOLIO to Stacey Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in House of Bohn but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.