HOUSE OF BOHN has an exciting opportunity for a talented Project Coordinator to work with our team of Interior Designers in our Vancouver office. The Project Coordinator must have experience within the construction industry and preferably within the Vancouver market.
House of Bohn is a hub for creativity, collaboration and community. Our mission is to design valuable spaces, and lead in the interior design industry by collaborating with only the best talent, clients, craftsmen and otherwise. We continue to adopt cutting edge technology in our practice and we look to art and fashion for inspiration.
Clients can expect a beautifully customized and thoughtfully tailored design for their projects and can rely on us to respect their budgets. Our straightforward and organized design process lets them feel at ease throughout the entire project
Today, we’re looking for a dynamic Project Coordinator who is extremely well-rounded with strong management and organizational skills, an ability to multi-task and an ability to run a design project from start to finish. They will coordinate with our design team, putting numerous projects together simultaneously while also being the face of House of Bohn with our clients and suppliers.
This position will work closely with Karin Bohn. It’s the Project Coordinator’s responsibility to ensure that Karin’s overall vision is translated and executed in a collaborative manner by the House of Bohn team.
We’re looking for a Project Coordinator with a great sense of style, a team player, and a person who displays extreme professionalism.
Our ideal candidate has an appreciation for great design, understands the task of maintaining a designer’s vision while implementing the most effective solutions on time and within budget. House of Bohn’s Project Coordinator is expected to be proactive in overseeing projects from start to finish, maintaining open communication channels with design and construction teams to facilitate the completion of our projects. Those teams include internal and external consultants, site managers, designers, technologists, and clients.
- Coordinate the House of Bohn Design Team in executing design concepts and solutions that convey the House of Bohn brand with highly creative, concept-driven, and artistic interior design projects
- Liaise with clients throughout the entire design project, keeping them current on the design process
- Oversee resource planning for interior design projects
- Provide support for completion and execution of design projects
- Coordinate with outside consultants and vendors
- Participate in key meetings with internal teams and clients during pre-tender phases
- Work closely with the team to plan and manage project schedules ensuring deliverables are achieved on time and in accordance with clients’ construction management processes and budgets
- Review shop drawings and packages to guarantee completeness and accurate constructive execution
- Communicate as primary contact for all project related matters among clients, consultants, and construction managers during post-tender phases up to turnover of completed project
- Conduct periodic site visits to ensure construction is faithful to construction documents
- Address site issues by providing timely and appropriate solutions in liaison with internal design team
- Monitor site work and flag work that is not completed in accordance to design intent
- Prepare and present change orders to clients in a timely manner for approval
- Issue Addendum, and Site Instructions complete with narratives
- Monitor hours and ensure projects are completed on budget
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Hold a degree or diploma in project management or similar experience
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in the construction field
- NCIDQ registered is an asset
- Understanding of the firm’s design philosophy
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Creative Adobe Suite applications and Revit.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must have the ability to read and review complete construction drawings
- Proficiency in millwork detailing and specifications and reviewing shop drawings
- Have an understanding of interior finishes, materials, furniture, lighting, fixtures, and FF&E schedules and budgets for hospitality and residential projects
- Excellent understanding of construction drawings, specifications and millwork packages
- Excellent understanding of BC building code
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Class 5 driver’s license
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Stacey Robinson at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in House of Bohn but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.